In our last post we reviewed what dentures are, the different types of dentures, and possible reasons for needing dentures. If you have read that post and are interested dentures or have had previous interest in dentures, you probably have some questions about what the process entails. Dr. Florian in North Royalton, Ohio may have the answers you have been looking for about the process.
The process of receiving dentures typically demands several visits of the course of about a month. Below is an outline of the denture process:
- Dr. Florian will take an impression, or mold, of your teeth and mouth to accurately manufacture your custom dentures.
- Dr. Florian will conduct numerous “try-in” visits. These visits will be utilized to ensure the right shape, fit, and size of your dentures.
- Dr. Florian will extract teeth that may need to be removed, if any, prior to your dentures being completed.
- Dr. Florian will give you temporary dentures and place it in your mouth for use until your customized dentures are finished.
- Dr. Florian will remove your temporary dentures and place your customized dentures.
After Dr. Florian has placed your custom-made dentures you may experience some side effects. These include an increase in saliva production, some tooth sensitivity, and some issues eating and talking. Typically, these side effects will subside once your tissues and muscles adapt to your new dentures.
Dr. Florian will provide you with instructions on how to care for your dentures in the correct manner after your dentures are compelte. Your dentures have the capability of lasting many years as long as you maintain proper oral health care habits like brushing, flossing, and using mouthwash, clean your dentures, and visit Dr. Florian on a regular basis.
If you live in the Brecksville, Broadview Heights, North Royalton, Middleburg Heights, Independence, or Berea are and are interested in receiving or learning more about dentures please contact Dr. Florian today at his office in North Royalton.